Thursday, 16 January 2014

Hopefully back on track - WIPocalypse 2014 January Check in

Hello there!
Here I am with a brand new start of the blog. As I've said in the post title I hope to be back on track not only with the blog but with my crafting too: it has been really chaotic during 2013.

wip_button3

As soon as I've seen the 2014 WIPocalypse on Measi's blog I've decided to join back again: my resolution for 2014 is "NO new starts, YES WIPS!". During the past years I've started way too many projects, stitching, knitting and crocheting wise, so I really feel the time has come to cut the list!!!

As this year WIPocalypse is not only about posting our progresses but there's also a monthly discussion topic, I'll start from that.

Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year.

Valentina, 27, freshly married to the love of my life Roberto.



Still living in Piemonte, Italy: no longer in a small country village some 40 kilometers away from the city of Turin, but on a really nice hillside, with a great view on the country below, and of my little hometown, some 50 kilometers away from Turin.



Leaving with three furry friends: Jacko, Diva and Shaggy.



Actually in search for a new job. Thinking about a baby, maybe later this year...

 My projects can be all described with just two words: TOO MANY!

18 stitching wips, 5 crocheting wips and 3 knitting wips: a big total of 26!!

1.Paradigm Lost - Long Dog Sampler 2.Sampler aux Bouquets - Jardin Priveé 3.C'è una strada nel bosco - Permin 4.Spot of - The Drawn Thread
5. Around the world in 80 stitches - Papillon Creations 6. January's Garnet Fairy - Mirabilia 
7.Royal Holiday - Mirabilia 

  
8.La balancoire - Nimue 9.Damier - Les grilles de Maryse 10.DMC Color Card 11.Herb and spices (on an apron) Jeremiah Junctions
 
12. Sabrina - Mirabilia 13.Peek a Boo - Anchor 14.Tree of stitches - Bee's Needleworks - 15.Christmas Rules - Lizzie Kate 16.V is for Valentine - Victoria Sampler 17.A good marriage - Lizzie Kate 18.Forest Snowfall -Country Cottage Needleworks (I left it at my parents... along with the UFOs... can't tackle those too!)

1. A scarf inspired by this one of Vanessa of Coco Rose Diaries 2. Drops Designs cowl 3.Japanese Flower scarf inspired by this one of Lucy of Attic24 4.A set of 12 coasters (actually they're 7) Drops Designs 5. A Big Blanket inspired by the origial one again of Lucy at Attic24

1.A really old and battered sweater in need of new sleeves: finish the rather crazy right sleeve and make the left one. 2.Safire by Hilary Smith Callis (done apart from sewing the ends in and attach 5 buttons... still to find them!) 3. A new beret for DH: another one from Drops Design.


Just one goal for 2014: finish as many wips as I can!

That's all for now! I'll do my best to stay back on track.

See you (hopefully) soon with a stitching update.

10 comments:

Sylvia said...

Bellisimo (??) Your hillsaide is very beautiful. You have a wonderful selection of WIPs. Enjoy your stitching, knitting and crocheting. I look forward to see your progress in February.

Cathy said...

Great list of projects. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Joysze said...

I hear ya about 2013! But here we are in 2014, new year, new everything.

Love your wedding picture, and am soooooo looking forward to see updated pics of your WIPs and knitting.

Are you joining us for IHSW this weekend? :D

Terri said...

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

That's quite a list of projects and I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Sweet kitties!

Rachel said...

BIG congratulations on your wedding - what a beautiful picture! You have a lot of wonderful projects in the works and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Basia said...

Congratulations on your wedding. Great cats!! You have many lovely WIPs, looking forward to see them grow.

sharah said...

I love the photos in your header! Good luck on finishing all those WIPs!

SoCal Debbie said...

I found your blog on the WIPocalypse check-in page. Congratulations on your recent wedding! You certainly have a lot of wonderful WIPs! I'm sure you'll finish a lot of them this year! I'll be cheering on your progress!

Shebafudge said...

What a gorgeous place to live! You and Roberto make a gorgeous couple and you dress looks stunning. You have some lovely WIP's on the go and I look forward to seeing your progress over the year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome back! Your wedding dress is just gorgeous, I love it!

You certainly have plenty of choices for which WIP to stitch this year. There are some lovely projects there.