Saturday, 17 November 2012

Coming back...

I was just having a look at my really neglected blog and I've found 3 brand new followers!
So I decided that I had to stop for a little while and say something.

First of all, I say hi and welcome to the new followers, it's always nice to see that someone has seen your works and have liked them so much to decide to follow you!!!

I'm sorry for this long absence, but I'm working late every day lately, and when I got home I'm always quite tired, so I don't even turn the pc on.
 
I've also a lot of your posts to go through, sorry if you haven't heard from me lately. Maybe I don't leave a comment but be sure that if I'm a follower of your blog I look at all your posts.

On the stitching front I have to say that I've completly lost my stitching bug, really sorry to say!!!!

On the other hand though, I caught the knitting bug, since I've been restlessly knitting for the past two months.

I've almost finished Safire by Hilary Smith Callis and last Sunday I've started Saroyan by Liz Abinante. These are two quite easy patterns that you can find in that wondrous world of wonders that's Ravelry!!!

I had already tried to knit Safire last autumn but I did a lot of miscalculations back then, with the result that I had to unravel it all!!!!

This time I've learned the lesson and it is quite finished by now.

As you can see the right sleeve is done, while the left one is still to come as the ribbed collar.

Here's the back
Please ignore the chaos that's on my bed, but notice the granny square blanket (a old-new project).

And a close up of the yarn, a self-striping blend of wool and acrylic, in a very wash out pic, sorry, the real colours are those of the above pics.




I've bought this buttons to go with it, because I loved them the exact moment that I've seen them but unfortunately they are too big for the charted buttholes, (note that I've bought them when I was already done with the buttnhole section) so I'm trying to find a way to use them just the same, I'll let you know if I'll be succesfull.

And this is my Saroyan, that I've called Autumn Leaves, I'm almost done with the increasing section

As I've said, I've completly lost my stitching bug, so no news from that front.

And no news from the crochet front either. The giant granny square that I've showed you in my last post is on hold. It started to twist pretty badly so I'm thinking of unravel it and start again.
I don't like the idea but I like even less the twisted granny squares!!!


That's all for now, thank you for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Great knitting.x