Tuesday, 28 August 2012

August stitches

Dear friends, another month has passed with no news from me. In the first days of August I thought that I would have plenty of time for posting during my 2 weeks of holiday. But in the end my holidays turned out so full that I really didn't manage one single post! But I've managed quite some stitching because the weather has been so hot around here that I've spend many hours inside.

 I've completely fall out of the schedule of the Theme-a-licious posting even though I try to theme-stitch a bit every month. In my last post I've showed you my progress on the December cat of Calendar Cats and since it was close to be finished I was hoping for a coming soon of a big Happy Dance, but since there's backstitch between me and that Happy dance, it has still to happen, the poor little cat still waits his whiskers!



The August Theme-a-liciuous was Altius August: Embrace the Olympic motto--Citius, Altius, Fortius (Faster, Higher, Stronger)--by elevating your mind. It's the perfect time to learn something new! Or maybe achieve some goals...

I went for achieving a goal: stitching the first eight blocks of Christmas Rules. I've only managed four and a little bith of the fifth before getting bored so I really didn't reached my goal but nevertheless is a steady progress on this one.



 Now the moon is almost full again and I'm late with the TUSAL!



There's my jar with lots of reds, pinks and purples on top: they come from the DMC Colour Card which for the first time this year received some attention. I've only showed this once, at the very end of 2011 when it looked like this.


And here it is



I've stitched a bit on this since I've been buying a lot of floss lately: I've decided to have the whole lot of DMC colours because I have a careful and well balanced choice to make, I have to choose all by myself, and I've never done it before, the colours of a design I'm about to stitch. I know this is the Wipocalypse year and I really shouldn't start (or let's say sholdn't have started, because I've alredy made some stitches) but you know how a brand new start makes you feel good. And I'm not talking of a just a brand new start, I'm talking about a brand new big and gorgous start, a design I've fell in love right the first time I saw it, a design that I've tried to resist for four months but in the end I had to start....

It's Around the World in 80 stitches by Papillon Creations!



The first stitches with one of the three already chosen colours, that's DMC 3345.
 I have to take another pic in daylight because in this one the colours are all different from the real ones!

That's all for the actual stitching but in these past weeks there has been a lot of planning future stitching... more to come! Happy stitching

7 comments:

♥ Nia said...

I looooove that cat :D
Christmas Rules looks great!! That's one of my favorites pieces from all I've stitched until today! :)
Hugs&smiles

Karen said...

You have done quite a bit of stitching, and I love all of it!

I'm excited to see you start the Papillon. I've been watching Jo progress on hers, and it's beautiful. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Melissa said...

Great job on all your projects. The cat looks adorable :) Good luck finishing it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the stitched shade chart, I should do one of those!

I have a page on my blog for everyone who is stitched Papillon, would you like me to include a link to your blog?

Here's a useful tip - stitch all the outlines for all the 5 parts first, then the pale green backstitch then go back and fill in the floral stitches. Psychologically you feel like you're making quicker progress! That's what I did when I fell behind.

Joysze said...

I can't wait to see the backstitching on that cat. He's going to be soooo cute!!!

Anne said...

Valentina!!! Ooooh I'm late in my commenting (been so busy!!) Love your stitching darlin!! Christmas Rules is looking so good and your DMC colour card is super cool. Wow, is that ever going to be handy for you...plus an amazing piece of work! You gotta frame them! As for the Around the World, I have considered joining but I just have too many things on the go to even consider including another piece to the pile...plus no more spending until christmas! Oh, yours is looking great!!

Big hugs!!!

September said...

Hi

Just found your blog.

Your wips look lovely and I think your DMC shade card is a brilliant idea!
Hope you have a good week.