Sunday, 4 March 2012

Theme-a-licious: Fangirl February and March Madness

Hi!
Finally a post!
I'm so sorry, I really want to post more frequently but it seems impossibile for me to get more than a post a week.
Also this week I started work so now I've got a lot less time to stitch/crochet/knit/read blogs/comment on blogs/post on my own blog than I had in the last months.
I'm catching up with everyone, but I had more than 100 posts to read so it's taking a little time!

Now on Theme-a-licious: I was really looking forward this month, to dedicate it all to my dear Mirabilias, but in the end I didn't stiched a lot on my JGF.

Anyway, now 2 wings are done, with sooo many beads! There are 415 right now, counted one by one!



Now a little preamble: I'm a lazy girl who hates to switch between big projects because I hate to take them on and off the scroll frames! So I try to work on a big project for a long time, like a month, and then put it off and put on something else.
So now I've got JGF on the big scroll frame, but I really should be finishing Calendar Cats and I really should be putting some stitching on La balancoire, and I should to this because now we're on March Maddness, working on something different everyday, but I really can't bring myself in putting JGF off the frame right now!
Also next moth will be Amazon April, work on your biggest project, which will be my old time wip Paradigm Lost. So at the end of March I'm going to put JGF off the frame and put PL on, but this will mean that my poor cats and the little baby on the swing won't see a stitch until May!

So I guess I should really get a grip, put JGF down and work on the other 2... but maybe I can leave them to the last 2 days of March so maybe I can manage to put some more beads (read all of them and finish her) on my JGF.

Sorry for this crazy rambings!!!!

As for March Maddness, which is alredy driving me a little crazy ;) I'll make a post a week, with the recap of what I will have madly done during it!

17 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

Wow that is an amazing amount of beads! She looks lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I stitched Baby Swing last year, I'm here to hold your hand as you swear and curse about the symbols on the chart and the backstitch!
It is well worth it in the end and baby now hangs on my friend's nursery wall where everyone says "Wow, where did you buy that?"!!

Jennifer M. said...

The fairy is looking awesome! It almost looks as if she's about done. I hear you about not wanting to switch projects that often. I'm the same except I use QSnaps....but its still a pain to constantly take projects off and reposition others back on especially the big ones.

Jen

geeky Heather said...

Oooo, her wings look excellent!! Changing projects on/off a scroll frame would drive me mad in a very BAD way. If I wanted to switch, I'd buy extra rollers, then it wouldn't be too bad.

Joysze said...

Ooooooh, she's beautiful, Valentina. :D

LOL!! SOunds like your march madness is going well, with all the thoughts of switching. I could never switch out projects on scroll frames, so I have about 3 sets of them. :D

Kate said...

Gorgeous beading.

♥ Nia said...

Her wings are so pretty!! =) She looks beautiful! :D

Veronica said...

Whoa 415 beads already? She's gonna be real sparkly alright.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Ewa said...

My suggestion? Stitch whatever you want! I'm really helpful, I know...

Carrie said...

Doing some blog hopping and found your blog. Your fairy is very pretty! I love Mirabilia designs!

Carol said...

How absolutely gorgeous your fairy is, Valentina!! I don't like to do beading and really admire those of you who do it so beautifully :)

milly said...

Hi Valentina

Just to let you know that I've chosen you for a Liebster award. Full details on my blog.

Kate said...

Hi I gave you a Liebster Award: http://momuboocreaisland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/and-award-goes-to.html

Dana Baker said...

Hello, I found your blog today on Milly's blog, Milly's stitches. Your fairy is absolutely gorgeous!!

I'm a lazy girl too, so I made extra dowel rods for my frame so I can leave the project rolled on the rods and just switch them out. My frame uses just regular dowel rods you buy at the hardware store. But I still have a hard time sometimes deciding what to stitch.

Heli said...

Hi, I gave you a blog award which you can read about here: http://auringonhattu.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

Emma'sStitches said...

Hi Valentina, your blog and your projects look great! I gave you a Liebster Blog Award. You can find it on my blog.

Nicola said...

Your fairy is so beautiful, all the beading will be worth it when finished.