Saturday, 4 February 2012

February Wipocalypse: many stitches and a happy news!

Hi!
In the last days I managed to get a lot of stitches done: good for the Wipocalypse check in.
I worked on HOAN for the italian board LHN sal: my goal for the month was to stitch half of the house and it's done.



Then I stitched something for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart organized by Jo, so no pic yet, you'll have to wait until Valentine's Day!

Finally I started Chrsitmas Rules for the italian board Lizzie Kate sal: my goal is to stitch two blocks a month, so I'm already late!


Don't ask me why the word "Christmas" is of two different reds: I've stitched it with DMC 321, of which I have to skeins. I used both without noticing any difference and the end of the word turned out darker! Can you see any differences between these two?!



And I also managed a few stitches on Floral Posy too, the snow was good and let me go over at boyfriend's twice this past week. Sorry no pics of it but are just a very few stitches!

And then, see where beads have appeared:



Her wings are still unfinished, but today when I put her back on the frame I couldn't resist and I put a few beads on!

For the happy news, today I passed my last exam at university! Yay!!

Until next time, happy stitching (and crocheting and/or knitting) to you all!

12 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Beautiful progress! Congratulations on passing your exam!! YAY!!!

I have seen two different skeins of DMC of the same number look slightly different if they are from different dye lots. But it is difficult to see the difference in the two skeins you have pictured!

Rachael G said...

Congrats on passing your exam!
Lots of lovely stitching!
Hmm yes I can see the difference on the stitching now it's been pointed out!

Kate said...

Well done on your exam :) Does that mean you have more stitching time? lol

Melissa said...

Congrats on passing your exam!

Great start on Christmas Rules. On my computer screen at least, the reds looks the same. But I have had problems before with two different skeins of the same number red DMC floss being different-I think it was 815.

Your January fairy is coming along nicely :)

Ewa said...

I see the difference in the stitching but not in the skeins themselves. That's so weird! But at least your stitching looks awesome! :)

Ziggyeor said...

ah well it happens! I have some old floss from a friend and occasionally use a new one and it looks different. Luckily the project I was using it on wasn't that bad. I used a friends floss to fill in the rest of the background and though there was a difference it was on the other side of the project so you couldn't really tell.

robindefender said...

Congrats on your exam. Your stitching progress looks great.

Beth Pearce said...

Beautiful stitching, but fantastic news on your exam. Congratulations!

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :D I don't think it matters about the reds it adds to the character and looks kinda like you meant it that way :D

Patches said...

Great progress. I wouldn't worry about the red

♥ Nia said...

Sometimes it happens, threads are a bit different but in the end it's all the same colour! :) hehehe
You know I'm a fan of Christamas Rules ;) and I also love you Floral Posy, she's coming along so pretty! :D

Anna said...

great progress - and really love your mira!