Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Some words on Calendar Cats

First of all, thank you for your kind words on my little cat, I love him too.
I just realized that my updates on this project haven't been really accurate, so I'd like to make a little recap on it.
I bought Calendar Cats as a kit from Sew and So back on August 2007, after lurking at it for some time.
I started stitching on it as soon as it arrived, starting from the center, the May Cat.
Then on September of 2007 I decided to stitch a cat a month, so I left the May cat unfinished and I moved to the September one.
I stayed stick to the rule of a cat a month until February 2008, but skipping the December cat. Then it became a UFO as I was working on so many other projects!

September


October


November


January


February


I then completed the March cat and the June cat sometime between 2008 and 2010.

March


June


Back last year I made the August cat, and that was the last time I talked about it here, until now.

August



But earlier this year I made the April cat and I've finally finished n.1, May cat, here they are.


Now that also July is done:


This is how the entire project looks like:


Just the December cat is missing... big happy dance coming soon!

10 comments:

♥ Nia said...

Great work!!!! :D
I love October cat, so cute! august is also adorable... they are ALL adorable!!! hehehehe
Congrats sweetie, looks amazing! :D

Heli said...

Oooh, I love it! ♥ Looking forward to seeing the December cat. :)

EvalinaMaria said...

I'm sure December cat will be done before Christmas. I love your calendar, you did an awesome job on it!

Joysze said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thank you for that Valentina. OMG how CUTE!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them. :D

Hmm... I wonder if the kit is still for sale.... :)

Melissa said...

Your calender cats are adorable! Great job.

Daffycat said...

This is just adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing the finish!

Measi said...

Hi Valentina - the cats are adorable! I have these in my stash somewhere.

Thanks for joining the Wipocalypse. I've just added you to the signup list and to my blog feed. I look forward to seeing your progress next year!

Mangogirl said...

wow those cats are so cute! It must feel great to finally be this close to finishing this project.

Shebafudge said...

WOW! I love it!

Lisa Dunn said...

That is so cute! How exciting that you are almost finished with it. :o)