Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Forest Goddess Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm really happy, I've finally finished my first Mirabilia!!!
Thanks to the IHSW I picked her up friday evening and I didn't left her until she was finished!
So here she is....




Forest Goddes by Mirabilia
32 ct Lugana By Silkweaver in Dusk
DMC floss and Mill Hill Beads as listed
02/2009 - 10/2011

Of course it doesn't take more than 3 years (OMG!!!) (I got wrong, I started her on February 2009, not 2008, so it makes more then 2 years - OMG as well!!!) to finish her, but before her I had just stitched very simple things like LHN, so it wasn't easy to learn how to tackle with all those colours! Also it's my first beaded project and I've learned that beading while stitching isn't really wise, that's why JGF didn't saw a bead yet.

Anyway, I loved to stitch her, she was the first I fell for when I first discovered Mirabilia, and still now is one of my favourites.

I really like the beads around her head:


I think it took me so long to get her finished because of her skin: at the beginning I was making it over 2, then I saw a Mirabilia with the skin made over 1, I decided that it was just gorgeous and I had to make my FG over 1 too!
So I frogged what I've already stitched and restarted it over 1..... it was a nightmare!
So I frogged again and re-restarted over 2....
Then I think I got mad, fallen in love with over 1 again....you now, frogged, re-re-restarted...
In the end I had to confront the truth... I would never finish her, stitching over 1 was really upsetting me, I didn't like the way it was turning out, I got immediately tired when stitching it, so I took my final decision, and finally she had all of her skin done over 2!

Here's a close up of her face, I think she's nice, even if it's not over 1

Hope you like her, and expect another Mirabilia Happy Dance by the end of the year...

12 comments:

Agi said...

I love the design, the big beads looks like some real red berries. Congratulations!

Agi said...

I mean look like :)

♥ Nia said...

uhuuuu congratulations on your finish!! :D
It really took you 3 years? wow! I'm stitching Bluebell and I'm so anxious to see her all done :) I'm leaving the beading for last, first all dmc threads, then kreinik and only in the end the backstitch and beading.. i think it will be easier like this :) I may be wrong, it's my first project of this kind too! heheheh
Great work!! Congrats :D

TammyK said...

Awesome design and great stitching job. Congrats!

Heli said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish! <3

Rachael xxx said...

Beautiful!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your finish! It looks gorgeous, but I am biased because I stitched this one a few years ago :)

Babs said...

It looks wonderfull, you did a great job, even with all the frogging.

Beads aren't easy, and I'm scared to do them on mine aswell, I did them on the other JE aswell, but they are still hard work :p

Claire said...

So pretty.

Joysze said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Valentina. She's gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the close ups too. :D

Sorry to hear about all the frogging that had to take place. :(

What will you be doing with her?

Tiki said...

Great Job!! You did fabulous work on everything.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Ciao Valentina
Ho appena trovato il tuo blog.
Bellissimo questo ricamo Mirabilia.
Giovanna