Friday, 1 April 2011

Presenting January's Garnet Fairy

Here it's how it looks my first Mira fairy, after working on her from time to time from the beginning of the year and up till now:



I really like her, especially I loved to stitch the Waterlilies, they're really great; I also liked making the backstitch on her face, it came out nice, while usually my backstitch never turns out a great deal...
I really can't wait to reach the end of the stithcing, I want to attach the beads! Especially in her hair, I like her hairdo a lot...

I'm making her as a SAL on a Italian forum: the goal is to make her in four steps lasting three months each. The first step, ending March 31st, is to finish the top half (leaving out the white stitches, the backstitch on it and all the beads, and I've done it!

I worked a lot on her in the last two weeks, because I really wanted to reach my goal, even if I had to sacrifice a lot of hooky time to make it! But I like her so much that I'm happy just the same!

2 comments:

Freddysmama said...

She's just lovely. I've got a wish list longer than my arm already but she's going to have to be added to it!

Katrina said...

Hi Valentina, thanks for stopping by my blog so I thought I'd say hello to you! Your Mirabilia stitching is gorgeous, one of all time favourite designers but its been a few years now sinced I lasted stitched a Mirabilia. Happy stitching, Katrina in New Zealand.
PS: I love all of Lucy's crochet patterns, they are all gorgeous, not sure what I'll do next, lol.