While my first try is still a wip, back this autumn I decided to stitch another hardanger doily as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend's mother.
The original idea was to make it as big as one of their tables, so I made my boyfriend measuring it to be able to re-chart the design to match the table exactly.
It was a heck of a job, and then it turned out soo tiny!
Because, silly me, I didn't consider at all the fabric count!
It was meant to be 20ct, while I made it on 28ct, so it came out even smaller than I thought!
Anyway, apart for the dimensions I'm really pleased as it turned out, and most of all my boyfriend's mother liked it a lot.