Thursday, 20 August 2009

Hardanger first try!

So I've finally decided to learn hardanger!
I've bought a book with big pictures to learn it and tried a simple doily, which looked like this before being cut!

And then I've cut it, and with too much confidence, because near the end of it I wasn't paying too much attention on where I was cutting....and the it came!
Cut in the wrong place!


I was lucky, though, the mistake can be arranged by changing the pattern and using fantasy!
It's been parked now, I've lost the mood for working on it, I don't know if you understand...

I'll try and finish it before the end of the year...along with a long list of other things...Help!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Valentina! Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I love the colors in LHN pieces and had a wonderful time stitching that one. You are so brave to try hardanger! I can't get up my nerve... Your blog is lovely and I'll be back to visit often :)