Tuesday, 21 August 2007

A reading finish

Today I finished reading "The Pillars of the earth" by Ken Follet. I loved it.

It's really a great novel, I liked the medieval setting most of all. It's a great story which last throughout almost the 12th century. At the center of the story there's the construction of a cathedral in a small village of Southern England.
At the beginning we find Tom who's trying to find a job to support his family. He's a builder and his greatest dream is to build a cathedral. Finally he settles in Kingsbridge and begin building it. But it will be completed only after many years, troubles, voyages, cheats, love and money affairs, losses and wins.
Just some days ago I found out that a sequel of the book ( World without end) is about to come out. I'm really loking forward to it.

No comments: